South China Sea (LME)
- Partnerships in Environmental Management for the Seas of East Asia (PEMSEA)
- Southeast Asian Fisheries Development Centre (SEAFDEC)
- Northwest Pacific Action Plan (NOWPAP)
- Coordinating Body on the Seas of East Asia (COBSEA)
- Building Partnerships for the Environmental Protection and Management of the East Asian Seas - closed (Project Closure)
- Coastal Cities Environment and Sanitation Project - under WB/GEF Partnership Investment Fund for Pollution Reduction in the LME of East Asia - closed (Project Closed)
- CTI Strategies for Fisheries Bycatch Management - closed (Project Approved)
- CTI West Pacific-East Asia Oceanic Fisheries Management Project - under the Coral Triangle Initiative - closed (Project Closure)
- Demonstration of Community-based Mgt of Seagrass Habitats in Trikora Beach East Bintan, Riau Archipelago Province, Indonesia - closed (Project Completion)
- Demonstration of Sustainable Management of Coral Reef Resources in the Coastal Waters of Ninh Hai District, Ninh Thuan Province, Viet Nam - active (Under Implementation)
- East Asian Seas Region: Development and Implementation of Public Private Partnerships in Environmental Investments - closed (Project Closure)
- Establishment and Operation of a Regional System of Fisheries Refugia in the South China Sea and Gulf of Thailand - preparation (Project Approved)
- Implementation of Sustainable Development Strategy for the Seas of East Asia - closed (Project Closure)
- Implementing the Strategic Action Programme for the South China Sea - active (Project Approved)
- Manila Third Sewerage Project (MTSP) - under WB/GEF Partnership Investment Fund for Pollution Reduction in the LME of East Asia - closed (Project Completion)
- Reversing Environmental Degradation Trends in the South China Sea and Gulf of Thailand (SCS) - closed (Project Completion)
- World Bank/GEF Partnership Investment Fund for Pollution Reduction in the Large Marine Ecosystems of East Asia (Tranche 1 of 3 tranches) - preparation (Concept Proposed)
- World Bank/GEF Partnership Investment Fund for Pollution Reduction in the Large Marine Ecosystems of East Asia (Tranche 1, Installment 2) (from November 05 WP) - preparation (Concept Approved)
|Total cost||358.00M US$|
|GEF allocation||77.00M US$|
"1. The Sustainable Development Strategy for the Seas of East Asia (SDS/SEA) was adopted by twelve participating PEMSEA countries in December 2003 after three years of extensive consultations.
2. Coastal and ocean policies have been initiated in four countries; draft coastal and ocean policies are being developed in six countries, Integrated Coastal Management coverage of t...
1. One civil works contract under implementation. Other remaining contract is under procurement. Around US$500,000 disbursed by the end of Aug.2011.
2. The capacity of the Project Manager and Service Providers has been improved i.e. around 50 staff have benefited from the training and project processing experiences.
3. Still in the construction stage, the project has attracted the interest...
1.Partnership Strengthening – Stakeholders Signing MOUs
2.Public Assessment of Water Services
3.Sewerage and Sanitation Master Plans Updated
1. Eleven permanent seagrass monitoring sites were established near Bolinao; five on Santiago Island and six in coastal baranguays on the mainland.
2. Sites in Hepu and Bolinao were established as seagrass conservation sites, sustainable use zones, and seagrass sanctuaries, giving the flora in the area time to recover from previous degradation and prevent it from future damages.
3. In Hepu, a t...
|GEF4 IW Tracking Tool (2010), GEF5 Tracking Tool (2012), UNEP Terminal Evaluation (2012)|
|See all results data|