Background Material to the Webinar Series
The IW:LEARN Webinar Series titled: “ENGENDERING INTERNATIONAL WATERS” encompasses many relevant aspects of gender and water issues in GEF IW projects. To better understand the context of each webinar, WWAP and WWF have created a shared ‘gender & water library’, consisting of a collection of background material, selected for each of the six webinars.
You can access to the ‘gender & water library’ through a shared Google Drive Document. The material will be made available and updated during the week leading up to each webinar.
The documents related to Webinar I “Gender Analysis and Mainstreaming in International Waters Projects: Introduction to the IW Webinar Series” is online and organized in the following categories:
- GEF Secretariat gender mainstreaming and policies
- GEF implementing agencies: a collection of gender policies and strategies
- UNESCO publications on gender
- WWAP Gender & Water Toolkit (Project on Gender Sensitive Water Monitoring Assessment and Reporting)
- Publications on gender and water resources management
- Gender relevant documents from other UN agencies
The video of The Water Rooms Project that will be screened during the webinar can be found here.