UNEP/GEF IW:LEARN ICT Workshop
The workshop is appropriate for information/communication specialists, IT managers and project members who are responsible for developing and/or maintaining a project website.
- Participants will gain a comprehensive overview of the Toolkit capabilities and functions including freely available resources on the internet. Participants will also gain hands-on knowledge on how to create, manage and maintain the website with little or no IT knowledge.
- Participants will be introduced how to include basic visualization in a project toolkit website, how to develop and syndicate contents, use the toolkit as an outreach tool, and monitor website performance.
- Participants will have a better understanding of the GEF IW Portfolio needs for shared information, become familiar with the IW Website Guidelines, and develop a joint work plan.
- Participants will also be introduced to the Community Workspace so they can assist project members in using the workspace for online community collaboration.
- Bravo River Project Ms. Meredith Blount, Resource and Conservation Coordinator
- Caribbean Sea LME Project Ms. Diana Patricia Martinez, Volunteer/Web staff
- UNEP CAR/RCU (REPCar, GEFCrew and IWCAM) Mr. Andre Dixon, Computer Information Systems Assistant
- Gulf of Honduras Project Mr. Silvio Ponce
- Gulf of Mexico LME Project Dr. Porfirio Alvarez, Project Manager
- Gulf of Mexico LME Project Ms. Cristina Sanchez, Administrative Staff
- Gulf of Mexico LME Project Mr. Javier Acevedo, Monitoring and Evaluation Project
- Humboldt Current LME Ms. Lenka Lazo, Finance and Administrative Assistant
- La Plata River SAP Implementation (FREPLATA) Ms. Karina Vargas, Information Specialist
- La Plata River Sustainable (La Plata TDA SAP) Ms. Valeria Rodriguez, Public Participation Assistant
- Proyecto Cuenca Binacional del Río Sixaola Mr. Edgar Sanchez, Web Administrator
- Kenya Coastal Development Project Dr. Melckzedeck Osore, Project Manager
Those who did not make it to the LAC Workshop attended the Athens mini-workshop
- Lake Baikal Project Mr. Dmitri POPOV, Project Administration and Logistics Officer
- TWIENSEE Ms. Anna Maria Papaioannou, GWP-Med
- DIKTAS Project Ms. Madeleine Theochari, Programme Officer, GWP Med
Meeting venue: Frigate Bay Beach Resort http://www.frigatebay.com
During the workshop, IW:LEARN will provide daily coffee/tea breaks and lunches.
Accommodations for most participants are at Sugar Bay Club http://sugarbayclub.com