Guide for submitting a news story to GEF IW:LEARN
In order to streamline the process and save time, kindly watch this video explaining the details of writing an article for submission to GEF IW:LEARN.
Key guidelines for the article submissions:
- Maximum 800 words
- Include some high-resolution photos with captions and credits
Please note the photos cannot be a part of the text document, and will have to be sent as separate files (.png or .jpeg)
- Include one high-resolution photo in landscape format that can be used as a header, including captions and credits (see previous stories for examples of this)
- A video from YouTube or Vimeo can be added to the story if desired (with link, caption and credits)
- If you have any website sources, include links as these will be hyperlinked
- Keep the title short, concise and informative, as much as possible with no acronyms please
Please include the following in your submission:
- News story in Word/Writer document
- Quality photos as separate .png or .jpeg files
- Captions and credits for photos
- Sources/references of your text if you have links, to be included as hyperlinks
- Implementing agencies
- GEF IW project website/page link
- Name and contact details of project coordinator
The deadline for submissions is every last Friday of the month. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please do not hesitate to get in touch with email@example.com for any questions.