Inter-project Collaboration Opportunity Grants
We fund proposals that:
- Demonstrate how the ICO is assisting in creating conditions for lasting relations;
- Demonstrate collaborations where more than two exchanges will occur;
- Demonstrate collaborations between two of the four focal areas (LME, MPA, MSP and ICM);
Example collaborations include:
- A GEF funded MPA project applying to collaborate with a GEF funded ICM project and an LME project.
- LME with a River Basin.
- GEF funded marine and coastal project with non-GEF projects (Seascapes, transboundary basins, regional seas bodies).
- Regional/global actors together with GEF marine and coastal projects.
For further information about the ICO criteria, you may download the ICO Information document.
Projects and entities that were awarded the grant were requested to submit an ICO Note which is a three-to-six page template to capture the results of a collaboration in terms of knowledge generated and specific guidance to the wider portfolio.