River Basin Technical Training (31 May 2018)
The expected outputs of the training were to provide insight into the developed applications supporting basin and catchment organisations with river basin planning related tasks and build capacity to use the developed applications within river basins. It should be noted that the web-based applications are freely available and can be used after the training without any associated cost or fee.
The technical training contained presentation on the topics such as identification of environmental impacts and the underlying causes, selection of relevant indicators, access to near real time data for planning, drought assessment, basin planning and dissemination of relevant reports or bulletins.
The training took place over a full day, hosted by the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) offices in Geneva, Switzerland on 31 May 2018.
Participants of the learning exchange included:
- Blaise-Leandre Tondo (La Commission Internationale du Bassin Congo-Oubangui-Sangha (CICOS));
- Razaki Sanoussi (Volta Basin Authority (VBA));
- Tamara Kutonova (Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE) – GEF UNDP Dniester Project);
- Rachid Taibi (Observatory of Sahara and Sahel (OSS));
- Gulmira Satymkulova (Chu-Talas Commission)
- Caroline Wittwer (WMO);
- Annukka Lipponen (UNECE);
- Bertrand Richaud (DHI)