How to manage IW projects working on ecosystems restoration (Kura-Dniester Twinning, 4-5 June 2018)
The Kura-Dniester partnership was developed under the GEF IW:LEARN Phase 4 Programmatic Twinning activity to strengthen capacity on key thematic priorities or develop enhanced project-project cooperation.
During this first exchange the following topics were covered:
- time management,
- budget management,
- team building and management,
- Project Steering Committee,
- gender strategy.
- TDA and SAP: timeline, number of experts, common challenges and solutions,
- demo projects,
- communication strategy (within a project team, with beneficiaries and stakeholders, other projects),
- public participation,
- involvement of business,
- participation in IW:Learn activities,
- experiences with bathimetry, water balance, ecosystems restoration,
- economic valuation / ecosystems services,
- hydropower development and environmental protection goals,
- preparation of a project proposal for the SAP implementation.
The Kura Regional Project Manager received insights from the Dniester experience on the EU WFD approaches, water balance and climate change adaptation activities.
A second exchange is planned for April 2019.