UN Environment Mediterranean Action Plan - Barcelona Convention Secretariat Coordinating Unit (UNEP MAP)
In 1975, the Mediterranean States and the European Community approved the Mediterranean Action Plan (MAP) as the institutional framework for cooperation in addressing common challenges of marine environmental degradation. The MAP also endorsed the preparation of a framework convention for the protection of the marine environment against pollution, as well as two related protocols that would provide a legal basis for action in protecting the Mediterranean marine environment against pollution.
- Determination of Priority Actions for the Further Elaboration and Implementation of the Strategic Action Programme for the Mediterranean Sea
- Implementation of Ecosystem Approach in the Adriatic Sea through Marine Spatial Planning
- MED Integration of Climatic Variability and Change into National Strategies to implement the ICZM Protocol in the Mediterranean
- Mediterranean Sea Programme (MedProgramme): Enhancing Environmental Security
- World Bank-GEF Investment Fund for the Mediterranean Sea Large Marine Ecosystem Partnership, Tranche 1, 1st Allocation