UNEP/GEF IW:LEARN ICT-Data Visualization Workshop
The workshop is appropriate for information/communication specialists, IT managers and project members who are responsible for developing and/or maintaining a project website.
- Participants will gain a comprehensive overview of the IW:LEARN Website Toolkit (based on Plone Content Management System) capabilities and functionalities including freely available resources on the internet. Participants will also gain hands-on knowledge on how to create, manage and maintain the website with little or no IT knowledge.
- Participants will learn how to develop and syndicate contents, use the toolkit as an outreach tool, and monitor website performance.
- Participants will have a better understanding of the GEF IW Portfolio needs for shared information, become familiar with the IW Website Guidelines, and develop a joint work plan.
- Participants will learn how to use the Community Workspace for online stakeholder collaboration and interaction with the rest of the GEF IW community.
- Participants will learn how the importance of data visualization in project implementation and M&E, and learn how to visualize data and create maps in using freely available tools such as GoogleMaps, GoogleEarth, CollectiveGeo (for website toolkit) and the IW:LEARN Geonode.
- Collection of learning resource guides, presentations and other materials added as guidance on iwlearn.net, particularly through the IW project manager’s manual
- Brief synopsis of applied data and knowledge management methodologies by projects, the results and good practices from doing so in the context of monitoring and evaluating project implementation and environmental status
- Draft concept paper on how data and information produced by projects can be made more accessible and sustainable even after project closure