5th Targeted Regional Workshop for GEF International Waters Projects and Partners in Latin America-Caribbean
The aim of the workshop is to raise capacity among GEF IW projects and partners on aspects of:
- The source-to-sea approach and how to apply them in their projects and share insights on the benefits of source-to-sea management in addressing critical freshwater and marine challenges.
- Relevant and contextually appropriate aspects of the Economic Valuation methodology and replicate appropriate experience of the work of existing GEF IW projects and global work by partners;
- Technical and practical information that will help them gain a deeper understanding on the steps leading to operationalising benefit sharing mechanisms and agreements in the context of transboundary water resource management
At the end of the workshop, participants are expected to:
- Feel confident in implementing the source-to-sea approach and understand the benefits of source-to-sea management in addressing key challenges in their projects ;
- Understand different types of concepts and principles related to benefit sharing;
- Understand the methods and approaches to assess the economic value of freshwater and marine ecosystem services
More information and presentations will be provided in the lead up to the workshop.