IW WOW Award 2013
Mechanics of the competition
- Accepted entries will be requested to display the IW Project Website Award icon at their homepage and invite people to vote for their website. Voting will run from 3 October to 20 October, which will determine the Top 5 Finalists through the highest votes received.
- A group of judges, consisting of five experts (on transboundary management and ICT) will rate the finalists based on the criteria set by IW:LEARN.
- The Final 5 websites will then be announced on the opening day of the IWC7 at the and will be judged by the IWC7 participants during the conference as follows:
- IW:LEARN will produce a poster highlighting the competition, criteria used and URLs of sites competing. A PowerPoint presentation of the competition and screen shots of the final 5 websites will also be shown at the GEF IW:LEARN booth.
- Project representatives and supporters are encouraged to lobby for their website among the participants and invite them to visit the IW:LEARN booth and vote through the computers provided at the IW:LEARN booth. A person can only vote for one website once.
- The final scores will be based on 50% votes and 50% judges average rating.The winner will be awarded on the final day of the conference. All review sheets will be made available to the participating projects.
- Content: pages are clear and readable, good quality of writing, logos of GEF and other partners prominently displayed, main navigation is clearly visible in every page, clean and consistent design theme, provides data visualization of project activities and results, e.g., geographic data/maps, graphs and charts
- Technical component: webpages download/render in reasonable time, compatible with multiple browsers (including IE6+, Firefox, Opera, Safari, mobile application, etc.), syndication is in place (RSS, Atom, etc.), no broken links, has site-specific search engine
- Timeliness: contains regularly updated calendar of events, regular release of news and/or newsletters, up-to-date contact details
- Additional components: provides multimedia materials, provides access to the project’s social networking sites, offers sections for increased interaction (surveys, online forms, discussion forums, etc.), multilingual contents
IW WOW Award winner will receive a trophy and a Rollei ActionCam 4S 1080p.
Dates to remember
Date 30 September Deadline for nominating a project website 3 - 20 October Voting period to determine the Top 10 websites 28-31 October Voting period for IWC7 participants 31 October Awarding of the winner