UN Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA)
ECA’s thematic areas of focus are on macroeconomic policy, regional integration and trade, social development, natural resources, innovation and technology, gender, and governance.
Its capacity development support to Member States are in the form of:
- Promotion of industrialization
Design and implementation of macroeconomic policy
- Design and articulation of development planning
- Supporting mineral resources contract negotiations
- Promoting the proper management of natural resources for Africa’s transformation
established by the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations (UN) in 1958. An important aspect of ECA’s work on natural resources is the conduct of policy-oriented research aiming to support the policy, legal and regulatory frameworks for the proper management of natural resources in Africa, including groundwater, transboundary water and river/lake basins management.
- Water and Climate Change in Africa
- Transboundary River/Lake Basin Water Development in Africa
- African Water Development Report 2006
- Pan-African Implementation and Partnership Conference on Water (PANAFCON)
- Management of Groundwater in Africa
- Regional Infrastructure in Water in Southern Africa
Menelik II Ave.
P.O. Box 3001, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia