Technical Advisor, Community Development (WWF)
- Provides technical support as needed to that position and other development staff.
- Works with the HCD to plan, manage, monitor and report all aspects of development activities.
- Oversees implementation and development of various CBNRM initiatives, including a platform
for consultation and participation of local peoples.
- Works closely with the TA and PTA to foster the development-conservation link.
- Advises on development priorities and works with other senior staff to plan and implement activities related to health, education, etc.
- Promotes capacity building of local communities.
- An advanced degree in social sciences and/or equivalent experience in working with local communities (especially indigenous groups) concerning community based natural resource management is required.
- 5 years work experience, preferably in central Africa.
- Extensive working experience with local communities and participatory approaches.
- Strong skills in project management (planning, budgets, implementation, monitoring and evaluation).
- Excellent organisational skills; strong communication skills; strong interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in French and English.
To view the full terms of reference and conditions for this position, visit http://wwf.panda.org/who_we_are/jobs/?203535/Technical-Advisor-Community-Development