Administrative Secretary (EAC/LVBC)
(REF: EAC/LVBC/LVEMP II ADM SEC/09- 11)
The project will contribute towards the attainment of the Shared Vision for the Management and Development of the Lake Victoria Basin through strengthening of the regional and national institutions for governance of transboundary resources in the basin; and facilitating public and private environmentally friendly investments in the Lake Victoria Basin.
The EAC/LVBC has applied for funding from the IDA Credit of the World Bank, Global Environmental Facility (GEF) and the Government of Sweden through Sida. The LVBC Secretariat will be responsible for regional coordination of this project and it intends to use part of the funds to constitute a Regional Project Coordination Team (RPCT) that will be fully responsible for steering the project on daily basis.
Scope of Work:
The main purpose of this job is to perform Secretarial and
Administrative functions within the LVEMP II Regional Project
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process project related travel arrangements for Project Staff at the LVBC Secretariat, partners and consultants;
- Create requisition of goods and services for the LVEMP II Regional Project Coordination Team;
- Assist in the preparation of Special Service Agreements and follow-up on payments for consultants;
- Follow up on payments for the vendors;
- Respond to enquiries and provide information and advice to staff regarding their entitlements, administrative procedures and conditions of service under the LVBC Staff Rules and Regulations;
- In liaison with the Registry, handle incoming and outgoing
mails/correspondences and draft routine correspondence in response
enquiries on relevant administrative and personnel matters;
- Coordinate office functions with other offices/sections within the LVBC Secretariat;
- Supervise the operation of office machines such as faxes, photocopier, telex, etc.;
- Arrange appointments and meetings as appropriate and schedule meeting venues;
- Assist in the preparations of meetings on LVEMP II activities and
liaise with Lead/implementing agencies and other stakeholders;
xi. Disseminate information about meetings, provide secretarial services to meetings and circulate minutes and reports;
- Assist in the logistical aspects of the Regional Technical Working Groups, Regional Policy Steering Committee (RPSC) and the Sectoral Coordination Committee meetings;
- Ensure that delegates have been invited and follows-up with confirmations; and
- Disseminate reports generated after the meetings and other events;
- Promote a positive corporate culture and image of the LVBC and the EAC;
- Any other duties as shall be assigned by the Executive Secretary or the LVEMP II Regional Project Coordinator.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A diploma in Secretarial Studies with sufficient skills in typing at 60 wpm and 120 wpm in shorthand and supplementary courses/training in personnel administration, or other relevant field required;
- A minimum of six (6) years experience in working with Office Management/Administrative issues;
- Experience with working in a multicultural and multinational environment;
- Excellent Information Communications Technology skills including proficiency with main office software and knowledge of databases management and information systems and Internet tools and ability to work in a team.
Application Deadline:20 February 2009
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application accompanied by a detailed CV, copies of certificates, names and addresses of three reputable referees, contact details (e-mail, telephone) to:
The Executive Secretary,
Lake Victoria Basin Commission Secretariat,
P. O. Box 1510, 40100
Tel +254 57 202 387/894
Fax +254 27 202 6324
All applications must quote the relevant reference number on both the application letter and envelope, and be sent by post office or deposited at LVBC Secretariat Office. Applications sent via e-mail systems won’t be considered.
The East African Community is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are encouraged to apply. We shall only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the set requirements.