- Responsible for providing advanced technical GIS support on a range of projects across the marine environment.
- Responsible for developing GIS and mapping solutions for projects in consultation with a senior GIS developer.
- Responsible for providing advice and training as required to other scientific GIS users.
- Take responsibility for work programmes specifically related to GIS and to deliver milestones as required.
- Initiate and lead GIS-related projects making extensive use of programming/scripting and advanced spatial analysis techniques.
- Manage projects, tender for contracts and will be expected to publish work independently in high quality peer-reviewed journals.
- A higher degree in GIS or an environmental/fisheries degree where GIS formed a major component. This requirement can be waived for internal candidates who are able to demonstrate an equivalent level of knowledge and experience.
- Must be experienced in using IT packages such as Word and Excel and be competent in the use of relational databases and SQL.
- Strong GIS skills in the use of the ESRI ArcGIS v9.x software suite are essential.
- Programming experience using ArcObjects within a .NET development environment (ideally C# or VB) would be preferable although demonstrable skills in macro development/scripting would also be acceptable.
- A background in providing GIS solutions for projects is essential.
To view the full terms of reference and conditions for this position, visit https://cefas.engageats.co.uk/ViewVacancy.aspx?enc=mEgrBL4XQK0+ld8aNkwYmG7cU9PFiUnvtufRzRPIga0Bo4GAjqvr0paylinE3iK4XZhWzjC99QpqrjsD9U1iGA==