TDAs, SAPs ...
- Building Environmental Citizenship to Support Transboundary Pollution Reduction in the Danube: A Pilot Project in Hungary and Slovenia
- The project's objective is to enable Hungary and Slovenia, two key participants in the Danube Strategic Action Plan (SAP), to operationalize and institutionalize public access to environmental information and public participation measures in support of reducing transboundary pollution from the discharge of nutrients and toxics into the Danube River. At the "global" environmental level, the project will demonstrate how these measures can help Central and Eastern European Countries to achieve the important global environmental goals of the Danube SAP, the Aarhus Convention, and the Danube River Protection Convention signed by Hungary and Slovenia and the other countries of the Danube River Basin. The activities conducted in Hungary and Slovenia will serve as a pilot for future efforts to operationalize public involvement in support of pollution reduction in the Danube in other countries in the Danube River Basin.
- EnCit - Final Summary Report. 102p. - [224K]
- Fostering a Culture of Environmental Compliance Through Greater Public Involvement
- This article was published in the October 2002 issue of Environment. Volume 44, Number 8, pages 34-44. Posted with permission.
- Manual - Practical Guidance for Administering Access to Information. 113p. - [262K]
- Manual - Using the Information Act - A Step-by-Step Guide. 18p. - [52K]