Research Center for Oceanography (LIPI)
In accordance with the decision of the Head of LIPI Number 1151/M/2001 dated June 5, 2001, Research Center for Oceanography LIPI under the Earth Sciences LIPI deputy was mandated the duties and functions as follows:
Research Center for Oceanography LIPI task is to conduct research and preparation of policies, preparation of guidelines, providing technical guidance, planning and program areas of oceanography, evaluation and report preparation.
To carry out these basic tasks, the Research Center for Oceanography LIPI has the function:
- Preparation of materials research in oceanography policy formulation;
- Preparation of guidelines, training and provision of technical guidance research in oceanography;
- Preparation of plans, programs and implementation of the field of oceanographic research;
- Monitoring the utilization of research in oceanography;
- Service of science and technology fields of oceanography;
- Execution of administrative affairs.
Research Center for Oceanography LIPI in carrying out their duties aided by some of the technical implementation unit (UPT) are as follows:
UPT Balai Marine Conservation, Ambon; UPT Loka Marine Conservation, Tual; UPT Loka Marine Conservation, Bitung; UPT Loka Marine Conservation, Biak; UPT Loka Development of Bio-industry, Mataram, Lombok, NTB; UPT Loka Human Resource Development of Oceanographic, Pari Island.
To achieve optimal results in the field of oceanography in order to take advantage of sustainable marine resources for the greatest welfare of society by using science and technology.
Reform of the bureaucracy in the Research Center for Oceanography LIPI begins with re-define the vision and mission of the organization, as an effort to encourage repositioning of Research Center for Oceanography LIPI in the field of marine research organizations to enhance the core functions and competent Research Center for Oceanography-LIPI, which is to
" be one best oceanographic research center, and contribute significant at the regional level Asia-Pacific by 2025 "
In order to achieve the best ranking at the regional level, Research Center for Oceanography LIPI is expected to generate significant research and innovation, to help the government, by providing scientific scales, advice, policies and improve services to the public and industry, and other stakeholders. Achievement of the vision outlined in 3 (three) main missions, namely:
- Increase the output of oceanographic research that contribute significantly to knowledge, real perceived by stakeholders, have a major impact to the public;
- Improve public services through the provision of oceanographic data and information are accurate, timely and appropriate;
- Supports the survival of marine resource use and environment-based science to the public welfare.