IW:LEARN ICT Workshop - UNEP Nairobi 2013
Jun 21, 2013 05:00 PM
The workshop is appropriate for information/communication specialists, IT managers and project members who are responsible for developing and/or maintaining a project website.
For more information about the Website Toolkit: http://iwlearn.net/websitetoolkit
- Participants will gain a comprehensive overview of the IW:LEARN Website Toolkit (based on Plone Content Management System) capabilities and functionalities including freely available resources on the internet. Participants will also gain hands-on knowledge on how to create, manage and maintain the website with little or no IT knowledge.
- Participants will have a better understanding of the GEF IW Portfolio needs for shared information, become familiar with the IW Website Guidelines, and develop a joint work plan.
- Participants will learn how to use the Community Workspace for online stakeholder collaboration and interaction with the rest of the GEF IW community.
- Participants will learn how the importance of data visualization in project implementation and M&E, and learn how to visualize data and create maps in using freely available tools such as GoogleMaps, GoogleEarth, CollectiveGeo (for website toolkit) and the IW:LEARN Geonode.
- Collection of learning resource guides, presentations and other materials added as guidance on iwlearn.net, particularly through the IW project manager’s manual
- Brief synopsis of applied data and knowledge management methodologies by projects, the results and good practices from doing so in the context of monitoring and evaluating project implementation and environmental status
- Draft concept paper on how data and information produced by projects can be made more accessible and sustainable even after project closure
- Kenya Coastal Development Project
- COAST Project
- Implementing Integrated Water Resource and Wastewater Management in Atlantic and Indian Ocean SIDS
- Integrated Natural Resource Management in the Baikal Basin Transboundary Ecosystem
- Yellow Sea LME Project
- Strategic Partnership for the Mediterranean LME Project
- Groundwater Governance Projects
- CREW Project
- ATSEA Project
The Venue for the workshop will be inside the United Nations Gigiri Complex at UNEP conference room located in NOF Block 1, Level 3. The security officers at the UN will give you directions once inside the complex.
Kenya offers the British Standard type of Socket.
We have secured rooms and negotiated a group price in the following hotels which are close (walking distance) to the UN:
1. Comfort Gardens at KES 7000 (~US$85) per day Bed and breakfast with complementary taxi transport to the UN every morning website contact firstname.lastname@example.org or +254 723 610 280
2. China Gardens at KES 6500 (~US$75) per day Bed and Breakfast with no complementary taxi as the hotel is right opposite the UN(2 minutes walk) website contact email@example.com or +254 770 082 048
Taxis are available at the airport and the costs to either of the above hotels which are ALL located near the UN in Gigiri should be KES 2500. Other option is to request your preferred hotel for pick up services from/to the airport.